.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pachalafaka

Portuguese guy moves to Istanbul, learns turkish and lives the new culture.
Um português em Istanbul
Bir portekiz İstanbul'da

Name:
Location: Türkiye

2004-11-24

İlginç ve komik şeyler Türkiye'de

I'm finishing the 3rd month of turkish school this week. I won't be continuing the next levels for now. One of the last homeworks at school was writing a composition about Interesting and comik things in Turkey. So for the great honnor of you all I'll share my writings with the world through this blog:

Benim için Türkiye'de çok farklı ve ilginç şeyler var.
Mesela Kolonya, her yerde var ve herkes kullanır! Her lokanta, kahve, bar , otobüste, yemek varsa, kolonya peçetesi var. Ve restoranda hesapla garson bir kolonya şişesini getirip herkesin eline döker. Kolonya hem güzel kokar hem de eli temizler, çok iyi!
Ve terlikler, her eve normal ayakkabımla girmemeliyim, evin kapısında ayakkabılarımı çıkarmam lazim ve varsa terlik kullanabilirim. Bu da hijyenik bir şey!
Ve tuvaletler. İki tip var: alafranga ve alaturka hela. Alaturka tuvalet kullanamam ama alafrangasında ilginç bir özellik var, bir musluğu açınca su geliyor, suyla "her şeyi" temizleyebilirim. Burada tuvalet kağıdı temizlemez, o sadece kurutur! Her şey tertemiz!

For me Turkey has very different and comik things.
For example cologne, you can find it anywhere and everyone uses it! All restorants, cafes, bars, buses, if there is food there are cologne napkins. And at the restorant, with the check the garson brings a cologne bottle and pours it on everyone's hands. Cologne smells good and cleans your hands, very good!
And slippers, I can't get in any house with my normal shoes on, at the house door I need to take my shoes off and if there are slippers I can use them. This is also an higyenik thing!
And toilets. There are two types: Alafranga and alaturka toilets. I can't use the alaturka but there is an interesting functionality wıth the alafranga toilet, when you open this tap water comes out, with the water you can clean "everything". In here toilet paper is not for cleaning, it's only used for drying! Everything oh so clean!

Ok, for writing this masterpiece I had 14 grammar errors, which is ok... I specially had some prblems explaining how toilets work!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After 3 months of turkish school was not bad for now, but i wonder: why won´t u continue the next levels?

i hope everything is fine there in Turkey and don`t forget to come eat "turkey" here in Lisbon, we're all waiting for u.

a big hug
RN

24 November, 2004 20:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Paulo

It seems you are doing well, and enjoying your stay!.

I wonder why you stoped your turkish lessons, after 14 grammar errors!!!?

And, why you are not able to use the alaturka toilets??

I hope seeing you aroud for X'mas.

Regards

"Are you good or never have been!!"

29 November, 2004 11:29  
Blogger Aziz said...

With 3 months of turkish lessons I now have medium turkish, I know much of the grammar but there's still some to learn. I had a very good grade at the exam but I feel I need to practice conversation and learn more vocubulaire before continuıng to higher levels.
Also, it's time to go back to work! I'm now sending CV's and looking for a job in Istanbul or Ankara.

29 November, 2004 12:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home