.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pachalafaka

Portuguese guy moves to Istanbul, learns turkish and lives the new culture.
Um português em Istanbul
Bir portekiz İstanbul'da

Name:
Location: Türkiye

2004-11-15

Understanding Ankara

We're on holydays now, ramazan finished and there is 4 days vacation. People eat a lot of chocolats and sweets, they travel to visit family around the country, they finally can drink alcohol, it's party time!

I don't have family to visit but on these vacations I came to Ankara, the capital city of Turkey. I have been here before but I didn't know any turkish, now it feels completely different! It's interesting to walk around the streets and think about how it was before, I couldn't read anything on the shops, when I was alone I went to some shops allways made a big effort to buy food and other things, in Istanbul it's common to find someone that speaks some english, but in Ankara it's really hard! Now I go back to the shops and have big conversations with them: "Hi, remember me? now what did you want to tell me 6 months ago?" :) It's a different city!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hum! Hum! Ok have a nice holidays . Yes! it's realy true going shopping and buy something it's always a good treatment in any case!!!:) even in holidays.....
M

15 November, 2004 19:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home