.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pachalafaka

Portuguese guy moves to Istanbul, learns turkish and lives the new culture.
Um português em Istanbul
Bir portekiz İstanbul'da

Name:
Location: Türkiye

2004-11-21

What a boat ride!

Yesterday I had a very different boat ride on the Marmara sea! Everyday I cross the Bosphurus by boat but never I had a trip like that one!
The wind was strong and the sea had big waves, I was on the fast ferry with N. who isn't used to go on the boat. After 2 minutes I could see we were in for a good ride! the boat was jumping up and down, left and right, really high! For me it was fun in the begining "Wow! Better than anything you get in the amusement fairs!" but after 20 minutes of this, it started to become annoying. N. was scared and feeling bad from her stomach all the way, and she was not the only one, I think I heard about 10 people vomiting in the boat... Also there was a lot of scared faces, you cannot believe how much that boat was jumping!
The boat inside is similar to a plane, with many rows of seats, about 200 people inside. It has closed doors not supposed to be opened during the trip. But it was really hot inside and it was getting hard to breath, so this guy got up (he is considered a hero by N.) and walked the corridor which was not easy at all and opened the door and standed there keeping the door open, I could see the water outside jumping high and getting in through the door!
I also decided to get up and get some bags from the garbage boxes in the corridor to distribute through the people near me that were not so sure they could keep the lunch in...
After 45 minutes we arrived our destiny, a trip that usually takes 25 minutes and is oh so fast and smooth! N. was still shaking, but after a hot tea recovered well, I was feeling sick in my stomach and couldn't think about eating for about 1 hour. We were planing to visit the Prince Islands in the Marmara sea this weekend, but after this we decided to make it some other time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For YOU to say 'couldn't think about eating for about 1 hour' it was pretty bad!!! :D
MF

22 November, 2004 16:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you were my real hero. I would have died if it wasn't for you...and I also wouldn't have been on that boat if it wasn't for you;) N.

23 November, 2004 18:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home