.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pachalafaka

Portuguese guy moves to Istanbul, learns turkish and lives the new culture.
Um português em Istanbul
Bir portekiz İstanbul'da

Name:
Location: Türkiye

2005-08-20

1 year in Turkey

Yesterday it was 1 year since I landed in Turkey to live here.
In the first 4 months I was dedicated into learning the language, I had a great time, I met people ftom Turkey and from many different countries, it reminded me the days of Erasmus that I had in Italy.
Then I had another 3 month of job search, I had a bad time, I was worried about not finding a job and I really didn't do much more than that. When I think about it now I wish I had spent those months doing other stuff like practicing more the language or travelling inside Turkey. In the end finding a job turned out to be not that hard, you just need to know where to look.
The last 5 months I have been working, I work with fine turkish people and 1 other foreigner. I didn't have a hard time integrating in the company and working there has been a learning experience since the begining, not only in a professional way but also I've been learning about Turkey in many other dimensions that I couldn't know before working.
In short living here has been a lot about learning, and while thinking about this post I wrote a complete new post, I'll put it up too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um ano passa depressa mas 365 dias é muito mais difícil. Velho Avô.

14 December, 2005 21:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home