.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pachalafaka

Portuguese guy moves to Istanbul, learns turkish and lives the new culture.
Um português em Istanbul
Bir portekiz İstanbul'da

Name:
Location: Türkiye

2004-08-20

Walking in Bağdat

When I was studying this street on the map it seemed like I a good morning walk from my hotel to P.'s work place. But after 1h walking and reaching the middle of the way I found out better. I think I walked about 5Km on this street and I had other 4Km to walk. I was asking for directions in the way using my recent learned and bad turkish "Bostanğı burası? Nerede?".
I asked once more to a guy in a parked car, he spoke excelent english and explained the distance I still had in front of me. He ended up giving me a ride to my destination, since he was going that way, a really nice guy! :) He was in London for 3 years and that's where he got his good english.
Bağdat street is more than 30Km (my guess) and has 1 or 2 lanes on each side. It's chaotic like every other main road in this city. Cars stopping and people crossing everywhere! When you walk on it you're honked every 30 seconds by taxis or dolmuş's (minibuses) that want you to get in them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home