.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Pachalafaka

Portuguese guy moves to Istanbul, learns turkish and lives the new culture.
Um português em Istanbul
Bir portekiz İstanbul'da

Name:
Location: Türkiye

2004-08-20

I'm here!

I Took the plane to London where I met this Lithuanian woman that spoke portuguese and lived in Portugal for 3 years.
On the London airport I had the privileged chance of buying a pack of Lemsip the miraculous flu healer!
Then I took the 5h plane to Istanbul, we started with more than 40 mins delay but arrived in time due to good winds blowing on our tail! They were playing the Independence day on the plane, but they had to cut off the end of the movie! So, I ended up not knowing if humans killed every bad allien ship. It was a fun movie but not very believable.
U. came to get me from the Atatürk Airport and take me to my hotel. The distance is about 40Km! Airport is on the european side of Istanbul and the hotel is down on the anatolian side. We even got to see some palaces and big mosques along the the Bosphurus and Marmaran sea!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I got the news that you were gone a bit later...
Anyway, it's a nice idea to keep "blogging" us informed...
Good luck with your new challenge. All the best!

BF (@Delft,NL)

05 September, 2004 17:07  
Blogger Aziz said...

Hey BF!
The ideia was very much inspired on a newsletter I remember you had when you got out of the country some time ago :)
Hugs to you and E. :)

06 September, 2004 17:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home